One of the most difficult rooms to remodel in a house is the bathroom. This is because there are so many details that are involved. This can make handling the project difficult. Here are some tips that can take the stress out of handling this kind of project.
• You should realize that the tub or the shower is the center piece of the bathroom. You should pay special attention to these features. Even if you are on a tight budget, these are some of the areas where you will have to splurge on to get your bathroom looking good.
It might just be that you need to replace the hardware, such as the faucet or shower head, or you might want to install a new shower door. You might also want to renovate and install a bigger shower or tub.
• Before you get started on the project, you must already know what you want. Check out galleries of bathrooms. You can find this online or in home and garden magazines. Another idea is to visit showrooms so as to get inspirational ideas. This will help you find something that is more to your personal taste.
• You need to have a plan of what you would like done before work on the project begins. This will help you to bring out what you have envisioned. Starting the project without a plan in mind is a recipe for chaos. Come up with a blueprint of what you want.
For instance, you can draw a general outline of the space and indicate the various things you would like added and where you would want them to be placed. Some of the basic things that you should consider adding when carrying out bathroom remodeling NJ include:
o Medicine cabinet
o Shower or tub or both
o Towel rack
• Get the dimensions right. You have to work with the space that you have. If the space is big, then you can do a lot of things with it, but if space is limited, you will only be able to do the basics. Therefore, take time and measure the space.
You will need about 30 inches for the toilet, 60 inches by 30 inches for the tub and 30 inches for a sink.
• Pay attention to the lighting. Instead of just having an overhead light, consider placing lights at different places around the room. For instance, you can have lighting placed above the mirror so that people can see themselves well in the mirror.
Also, avoid dim lighting and go for bright lights instead.
• When choosing color, white or cream is the best option. These colors are light and will make the room look bigger and brighter.
While you might think that it is a good idea to use different colors, this can make the bathroom look dated after sometime. This might force you to have to repaint the room later on. To avoid this, go for safer colors like white.