Nicotine is named after tobacco plant Nicotania Tabacum. It is found in tobacco plants as a whole but the leaves are especially rich in nicotine. It is a colourless liquid alkaline. When it is exposed to sun its colour is changed and becomes brown with a strong smell of tobacco. Its chemical formula is C10H14N2. Once our body develops a taste for Nicotine, we can easily become addictive.
How Long Does Nicotine Stay in Our System?
How Long Does Nicotine Stay in Our System depends on the amount of nicotine inhaled in our body. Nicotine traces are there in blood after 1 to 3 days after last use. This may vary from person to person depending on the health, age and the amount of nicotine used. Urine tests are very commonly used and they are easy as well. In urine test a strip is dipped in to the urine sample and the result is easily determined by positive or negative result. It remains in urine for 3 to 4 days but for passive smokers it is easily detectable for 15 to 20 days. It can be traced in saliva more than 10 days after the last use.
Ways to Clarify Body from Nicotine:
Here are some of the ways with which one can clarify body from nicotine easily:
- Intake of plenty of water can clear the body from nicotine through urine easily.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich with fiber, water content and they are also antioxidant. They increase metabolism and can be a great help in excreting nicotine body.
- There are some foods like egg yolk, onion and garlic which can increase bile productions in liver which becomes helpful for nicotine elimination from body.
- Exercise can also help in removing nicotine because sweating is a great source of excretion of toxins from body.
Pros and Cons of Nicotine:
Nicotine is high addictive and harmful yet it has some pros.
- It gives relief from stress.
- It suppresses appetite that is why it is helpful in weight loss.
- Increases concentration spans.
- Its taste gives pleasure to smokers.
- Since it stimulates the brain the working efficiency is increased.
- It is included in many pesticides. When nicotine is mixed with some chemicals it becomes a pesticide which can be sprayed on crops.
- Nicotine has been used in many treatments. Large evidences are there that it may be useful in Parkinson’s disease.
- First of it may cause death.
- It may cause many kinds of cancers such as Lungs cancers, Throat and mouth cancers.
- Signs of aging start showing fast.
- A bad of odor of nicotine can be smelled easily from body and clothes.
- It is harmful for teeth as the stains on smoker’s teeth can clearly be noticed.
- Breathing problems may be faced resulting in asthma.
- Increases the blood pressure and heart rate.
- It becomes a cause of osteoporosis.
- It may become a cause of decrease in fertility.
- Large expenditures are made on quitting treatment if someone wants to get rid of this addiction.