Listening to love songs ignites people’s emotions.
Whether it’s a happy or sad love song, it brings back good memories and a lot of complicated feelings. Every love song tells a different story, it’s a complex art that people will never be able to comprehend. You’ve probably heard a lot of love songs, but the following will surely make your heart skip a beat!
- All of me by John Legend. This song was written by John Legend for wife Chrissy Teigen. The lyrics of the song are so powerful that people from all around the world took notice. Isn’t it heartwarming to hear that someone loves you for your ‘perfect imperfections’? That’s just plain romantic!
- On bended knee by Boyz II Men. This song is a bit sad, but nevertheless, very striking. It tells of a love that’s no longer the same. For those who want to regain their lost love, this song is for you. You can listen to it all day and think about the things that went wrong.
- Let her go by the Passenger. Let her go is yet another sad and gloomy love song. Its lyrics centers on expressing how you are able to discover someone’s worth and the extent of your love when you let the one that you love go. The song’s rhythm is slow and draggy, which makes it more emotional.
- I choose you by Andy Grammer. Unlike other love songs, I choose you is a song that has a more upbeat tone. It’s a very inspiring. It is used in many weddings as the lyrics convey a very strong message. In life, people have the freewill to choose who to spend life with, thus in the song’s lyrics, “I choose you, to be by my side, I choose you, to hold me at night, It’s the biggest decision I’m about to get right.”
- I do (cherish you) by 98 degrees. I do (cherish you) is a song from the 90’s that is still popular even to this day. It’s one of those love songs that you can listen all day and never get tired of it. The writer of the song basically expresses how life changed upon meeting that one person. “How you opened my life to a new paradise,” is just an example of a very sweet line from the song.
- Close your eyes by Michael Bublé. While the title doesn’t obviously send a message that it’s a love song, close your eyes is actually a very romantic song. For those who want to dedicate a song for their significant other and show them that they are one-of-a-kind, then close your eyes is the best song. Its lyrics is really sweet and striking.
Stay tuned as we are hoping for a special guest blogger who is going to fill us in on songwriting and how we can repurpose old love songs to make newer more modern versions! – Kate S.